instagram @ SUNDAESINS

.

.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

How to look BADASS + Sennheiser Momentum On Ear headphones Review


Ola my beautiful people! I've truly missed you, and I've missed writing my blog! 
There were some (actually a lot of...) downsides for me in the month of March (which was ironically my birthday month)
that's why I didn't want to spread the negativity in writing in my blog, it would be unfair to you guys if I lied and said my life is good.
BUT NOW I'M BACK WITH A SMILE PEOPLE! can you sense me smiling through my words??!?! :D

OKAY back to business people, 
Well you know how there's a fine line between looking LANSI and looking like a BADASS
During my high school days, I used to be called LANSI A LOT. a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot a lot....
BTW for those of you who doesn't know what LANSI means, it means stuck-up / arrogant / very proud.
I used to get a lot of HATERS because of my so called "lansi look", and it was bothering me because I wasn't doing anything!
Have you guys gotten that before? I'm sure some of you do because (you know la) high schoolers love to find DRAMA.
As time flew by I understood the reason why I was called lansi a lot; 
I barely smiled, always hang with the same gang, never said hi to the people that I'm unfamiliar with, and always walked by really fast.
There's a real dramatic change from my high school days compared to now. I'm almost the opposite!
I could say HI to anyone, I always smiled, (try to) hang out with different people, and I walked slower (maybe cause I'm lazy)
Although today I still hear people telling me that I look lansi (when I don't smile), but it's way more lesser than before. 

SO HERE IMMA GONNA TEACH YOU GUYS HOW TO LOOK BADASS and still stay approachable . 
*note* this few tips may apply to guys too.


1
-
TO BE A BADASS, YOU GOTTA BE CONFIDENT, AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE A BADASS.
top : JEREMY SCOTT x ADIDDAS jersey / boots : PROMOD / bottoms : ZARA

BE CONFIDENT AND THERE SHALL BE WIND... 
hahahah, you know how some cool people have this "wind" beside them whenever they walk?
haha lame, anyways BE CONFIDENT! carry out the vibe that you're confident and comfortable in your own skin. 
One easy way to do it is with the help of alcohol (for me) *btw I'm not promoting alcohol here, 
for me when I have that tiny sip of booze, my confident level just boosts up and it's easier for me to talk to strangers that way.
As long as you're confident and comfortable in your own skin you'll look like a BADASS and still be approachable to people.

2
-
TO BE A BADASS, YOU GOTTA LISTEN TO THE RIGHT TUNES
top : vintage / boots : DR MARTENS / bottoms : ZARA

After you're successfully confident and carry yourself well, what camoflogese the OUTSIDE is not good enough, 
you gotta know that YOU.ARE.A.BADASS deep within you through the INSIDE, your brain has to digest that.
and one way to tell that to your brain that is...... through your ear loops, LOL. through MUSIC of course! 
and this is my kind of music that I listen to to make me feel extra badass, especially when driving and when I'm speeding
*I'm not promoting speeding here... of course some other badass music besides EDM for me includes Arctic Monkeys, and..... yeah, only them. 
Somehow listening to the right music helps me express myself even better, you know the cliche line that says 
"No music, No life" come on, it's so true... My friend's car radio broke the other day and I was sitting in her car, 
wondering how the hell does she drives a long and exhausting way back without MUSIC!? 
I seriously can't live without music in my car to survive a long drive, HMMMM... maybe I shall buy this headphones as a present for her, LOL

3
-
TO BE A BADASS, YOU GOTTA OWN A LEATHER JACKET
top : ZARA / shoes : ZARA / bottoms : H&M

"I thought my life would be more awesome once I've own a leather jacket, UM, YEAH!"
I lol-ed so hard when I saw that, Of course it'll be more awesome, 
even more awesome-r if you had a pair of headphones to make you look like a DJ. haha
Conclusion is OWN a piece of leather jacket... It's a life-saver!

3
-
TO BE A BADASS, YOU GOTTA LOOK COOL IN WHAT YOU WEAR.
top :  TOPSHOP / jacket : FOREVER21 / boots : PROMOD / bottoms : ZARA

Speaking about leather jackets, How you carry out yourself is important. 
Cool badass people usually wear the coolest stuffs, AHAHAHHA
wear "sporty" clothing, cool people always wear a hoodie, some cool pumped up kicks, or anything with a great jacket.
And remember no matter what you wear, wearing a smile is the best accessory to look approachable while you're being a badass.
And last but not least, speaking of wearing the coolest stuffs...

5
-
TO BE A BADASS, YOU GOTTA HAVE SENNHEISER'S MOMENTUM ON-EAR HEADPHONES!

Truth to be told, I was so excited when I got offered the chance to review Sennheiser's Momentum on-ear headphones,
everyone knows that the German brand Sennheiser is famous for it's top quality true sound 
and for endorsing international DJS like Afrojack and our local duo Goldfish and Blink.
For more than 65 years, the brand first started off with producing microphones, so can you imagine how clear the clarity is?!
I never own a pair of headphones before, the closest I have are just earbuds, which now I realised WOW it's so different! :P
okay bimbo moment coming up next....


Unboxing 
 I'm surprised it comes with a hard carrying case, how considerate! 
good for those who don't want to damage their earphones by chucking them into their bags.
It also comes with a manual for instructions but believe me you don't need it no matter how bimbo-tic you are. and so again! 
I never had headphones before, so when I first joined the connector wires onto my desktop I was like,
"Ohhhhhhhh... OMG so smart!" AHHAHAHHA, okay that's damn bimbo-tic. this shows how un-tech-y I am,
but hey, I give the best reviews ;) HAHA! 


SOUND AND CLARITY
After very proudly attaching the wires, my first song that I clicked to listen to was RED LIGHTS by TIESTO and damn it felt surreal! 
My eyes practically popped right out and my jaws fell when I experienced the "all around you" kindda sound system in these powerful headphones.
Like you know the ones you hear in the cinemas, where it's like the zombies are breathing behind you against your neck?!
It felt as though I was sitting in my car listening to music because of the surround sound and bass (but I was at work doing work) 
I couldn't believe how awesome the sound is, clarity is great, bass is not too loud to suit for other music too!
it doesn't completely mute sound from outside but it muffles it making sure you enjoy your own music to the max.
Oh and btw there's an iRemote connected with the wires so you can volume UP (or down) easily ;) 

COMFORT
Actually one of the things that I find annoying wearing headphones is because it flattens your hair after long hours.
Probably because of the weight of the top and the ear cups which drags the whole headsets down, 
you know, us girls being girls always caring about how our hair look, and I'm no different.  
But when I first carried these headphones they weren't as heavy as I thought considering the fact that the headband is made from stainless steel.
I was even more surprised after finish watching Frozen on my laptop with these headphones, 
they didn't flatten my hair at alll~~~ T___T omg thank you thank you for inventing these Sennheiser~
The ear pads can be adjusted up and down to suit each individual and BY THE WAY, 
the ear cups are padded with Alcantara, don't know what's that?? 
It's a super soft and breathable suede-like material normally used in luxury yacht upholsterers as well as high-end supercars.
WOOOHOO, I'm feeling smart, LOL
Overall, comfort is excellent, it wasn't stuffy at all after long use, and doesn't flatten your hair, and most importantly,
I've learnt that headphones are way comfier than earbuds, because some earbuds do stress and hurt your ears after long hours.

DESIGN
I'm pretty impressed with the design. Nodding my head and saying "mmmm" when I first laid my eyes on it, 
Being a designer myself, I care about the design for any gadgets that I use, and most importantly,
whether or not it suits my everyday outfit, and as you can see from my many style shoots above, 
I must say that these Sennheiser's Momentum headphone blends in very well with my wardrobe.
I get worried because to me, many headphones out there looks very "geeky", but thank god these are
Modern, elegant, BADASS and yet still approachable. 
Unlike some headphone brands that start with a B and rhymes with "FEETS" which I think it's too futuristic, and it doesn't look "friendly"
It feels like very LANSI, it sends out this "oh I don't wanna talk to you" vibe, however this brand feel BADASS but still approachable. ;) 


Again, 
thank you so much Sennheiser for giving me the chance to try out and for opening my "ears" to experience how awesome sound quality is like!
Guys believe me you need to try this headphones out, 
when deciding on which headphones to get the best way to decide is through testing them out yourself!
You can head over to Sennheiser Flagship Store at BSC to give these babies a try, if you like them,
bring them home at only RM809!
It also comes in blue, green, pink, black, red, and ivory too:)

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it.
All picture by Right Click Production, edited by me :)






5 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! You look gorgeous!

www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
xx

donovancst said...

Amazing review.

Sybil said...

great review and i love all the edgy rocker looks!!! :D such a cool style for a really awesome earpiece! :D

Animated Confessions

Saucy Siciliana said...

Wow, it looks windier than here in Trapani:) You have gorgeous hair, and such a fabulous smile!

www.saucysiciliana.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Get this iphone spy app that would be a nice help for all the obsessed with internet security.